Saturday 14 October 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14th October, 2017

I’m a contradiction, I think: even to myself.

I’ve actually managed to pick up a couple of extra hours, this morning: as one co-worker is off.

But … ?

My own personal internal monologue?

Is quietly reminding me to book some time off!

I think I’ll need it!

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s themed Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 14th October is the feast day of Pope Callixtus 1st.   He’s the patron saint of whom: tanners, cemetery workers or cesspit cleaners?
Q2) Britain’s new 50p piece was introduced: on 14th October, 1969.   It was supposed to replace what: the 10 shilling note, the half crown or the florin?
Q3) 14th October, 1980, saw the birth of actor, Ben Whishaw.   Which character does the he play in recent James Bond movies?
Q4) The UK had a Imperial visit: on 14th October, 1954.   From which Emperor?
Q5) Finally?   Ronald Reagan declared war: on 14th October, 1982.   A war on what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 13th October saw many Knights Templar arrested by Phillip the Fair.   Phillip the Fair of where?
A1) France.
Q2) 13th October saw many Knights Templar arrested by Phillip the Fair.   In which years: 1306, 1307 or 1308?
A2) 1307.
Q3) The knights had originally been founded, when: 1117, 1118 or 1119?
A3) 1119.
Q4) The knights had originally been publicised by which saint: Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, Saint David of Carlisle or Saint Stephen of Obazine?
A4) Bernard of Clairvaux.   (David of Carlisle I sought of made up: he’s actually David 1st of Scotland. St Stephen of Obazine was the first Abbot of Obazine.)
Q5) Finally … The Templars downfall was during the Reign of which pope: Boniface 8th, Benedict 11th or Clement 5th?
Here’s a thought from a companion …
“Life doesn’t get easier but it does get funnier.”
Katy Manning, born 14 October 1946.
And a tune from birthday boy, Cliff Richard … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Oh, yeah: I know where you’re coming from, there, Olga!   It gets me into trouble at work, as well!   (I use a Mac, as you know.   TextEdit, the default Mac word processor, keeps hold of anything you don’t save: until next time you open it.   So I’ve got this bad habit of not saving things, in similar apps.   Like NotePad and WordPad!)

†        I know what you mean about late nights, Debbi: I’ve still not finished Flowers for Algernon … !   (DJ, Tony Blackburn, had a barking dog sound effect on his radio show.   I always thought it was a Saint Bernard …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Cemetery workers
Q2) the 10 shilling note
Q3) Q
Q4) Haile Selassie
Q5) Drugs
I was watching 'Lore' yesterday. Well, I watched 2 of the 6 episodes, including one about lobotomies... Interesting.

Debbi said...

It's funny. When I think of the Knights Templar, I always think of Simon Templar. Ever watch "The Saint"? It was another of my childhood favorites.

When Roger Moore became Bond, somehow it didn't seem right. :)

1. cemetery workers
2. the 10 shilling note
3. Q
4. Haile Selassie
5. drugs (That worked out well! :))