Thursday 3 August 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-2-2017

Right … 

It’s official … 

I have … 

A day off … !

YAY … !

Well, ok, Yay … ish.

I’m going to be spending a lot of time in front of a screen: making teaser videos.

It has to be said, though:  I know it least one work mate’s always asking about them.

Although I’ll be VERY surprised if he put’s any answers in … !

~≈≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 3rd August, 2001, saw a car bomb injure seven people.   In which UK city: London, Manchester or Liverpool?
Q2) 3rd august, 1978, saw the Queen open that year’s Commonwealth Games.   The Games were being held in which Canadian city?
Q3) Whilst in Newfoundland, on 3rd August, 1527, ship’s captain, John Rut, became the first person to send WHAT from North America?
Q4) Tandy released the TRS-80: on 3rd August, 1977.   How much RAM did that original model have:  4k, 8k or 16k?
Q5) Finally … 3rd April, 1900, saw the formal founding of Firestone.   It, Goodyear and Pirelli, all make what: condoms, tires or balloons?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 2nd August, 1984, saw James Malone win a battle in the European Court of Human Rights.   Against a police force who’d illegally done what: tapped his phone, read his mail or implanted things in his living, overheated brain?
A1) Tapped his phone.   (Governments can’t and don’t implant THINGS into a living human brain.   Obviously.   That would be stupid.   They get the aliens to do it for them …)
Q2) Which country did Iraq invade: on 2nd August, 1990?
A2) Kuwait.
Q3) Elisha Gray was born: on 2nd August, 1836.   His musical telegraph is considered an early version of what: the TV, the synthesizer or the electric guitar?
A3) The synthesizer.
Q4) Director, Wes Craven, was born: on 2nd August, 1939.   Which 1972 film was his directorial debut?
Q5) Finally … 2nd August, 1610, saw explorer Henry Hudson sail into what’s now called what: Hudson’s Bay, Hudson’s Hawke or Hudson’s Hole?
Here’s a tune‡ … 


And a thought …
“Go out and face the world secure in the knowledge that everybody else thinks they are better looking than they are as well.”
Terry Wogan, 3 August 1938 – 31 January 2016.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day!






*        I’ll be honest, Olga, I don’t think I have a complicated prescription: I just prefer getting specs that match my eyes.   The fact the optician does a check up on my eyes is handy!   You’re right about repairs, as well: I’m just glad the recent Hard Drive incident was something I could handle myself!   As for spare parts for humans … ?   Well, that’s going to depend on how well stem cell research goes.   It’s that or we turn into cybermen!


†        I’m going to have to keep my eyes peeled for it, Debbi: I’ve always liked Lynch’s stuff!   But I think most series’ get the odd duff episode/story.   I know Sylvester McCoy’s Doctor got a few duff cliff-hangers!   So long as the Twin Peaks equivalent don’t go THAT route … … !


‡        Wogan’s take on the Floral Dance is like Dave Lee TravisConvoy GB.   They’re good arguments for not letting DJ’s sing … !

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) London
Q2) Edmonton
Q3) A letter
Q4) 4k
Q5) Tires
Yes, well, there is something for going cyborg.I must say I loved Terry Wogan. His early morning radio programme always made me laugh and he never too himself too seriously. (And yes, he knew how he sang but...). With regards to glasses, I've had to have expensive glasses taken back because of problems with the lenses than then again took ages to be sorted, so I'm not sure...

trev-v said...

A1 Ealing West London

A2 Edmonton, Alberta

A3 Letter

A4 4K

A5 The proper English word is TYRES, The colonials call them tires.

Debbi said...

For a moment, I thought that chap in the first video was Anthony Newley! :)

1. London
2. Edmonton
3. letter
4. 4K
5. tires

Debbi said...

I shall try to remember that, Trevor. Tyres! :)