Thursday 2 March 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2-3-2017

Did I mention it’s my birthday, on Saturday … ?

It’s my birthday on Saturday.

Just in case I forgot to mention.

At ANY rate … ?

Bless ’em my family’s decided the best way to celebrate?

Is to get me a new mattress.

Which is due to get delivered, today.

Any time between now, and 9:30*.

It’s nice to know that’s what’s happening, and that I can get on with the rest of my day.

But … ?

I managed to catch a movie, last night: the one hundred and seventy-seven minute version of David Lynch’s version of Dune.

As I recall … ?

I actually got to bed at half past midnight, after doing the write-up.

Possibly not the wisest move … !

~≈Ç≈~
But let’s move on, shall we?


Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five and Olga scoring four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) NASA received data from the Galileo probe: on 2nd March, 1998.   The data showed that which of Jupiter’s moons had oceans, under an icy surface?
Q2) 2nd March, 2000, saw an former leader of Chile would not be extradited to his native country.   Which former Chilean leader?
Q3) Concorde’s maiden flight took place: on 2nd March, 1969.   The plane was a joint development between two countries.   Name either country.
Q4) A coup d’etat occurred on 2nd March, 1962: led by General Ne Win.   In which Asian nation?
Q5) Finally … Fermilab discovered the Top Quark: on 2nd March, 1995.   What IS a top quark: a sub-atomic particle, an elementary particle or a p-brane?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 1st March is Saint David’s Day: the feast day of the patron saint of Wales.   He’s said to have been born in the ancient kingdom of where?
Q2) It’s also the feast of Saint Albin of Angers.   He’s usually invoked to prevent what: syphilis, pirate attacks or stubbed toenails?
Q3) 1st March is ALSO World Civil what day?
A3) World Civil Defense Day.
Q4) 1st March is the earliest date that Casimir Pulaski Day can fall.   It’s a bit of a holiday in which US city: Chicago, Illinois, New York, New York, or San Francisco, California?
Q5) Finally … 1st March is Baba Marta Day: in which European country?
A5) Bulgaria.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.”
Dr Seuss, March 2, 1904 – September 24, 1991.
And a tune … 


Have a good day … 






*        The mattress has got here: and the old one taken away.   Fantastic: I can get on with the rest of my day!

†        I doubt it, Olga: I don’t see advertisers hiring me!   Stephen Fry’s job’s safe!   (You’re right, there’s pirates all over: and that’s before you get to the sea around Somalia!)


‡        You’re not wrong there, Debbi: Baba Marten’s fairly innocuous.   Gurning … ?   Is just plain odd!   

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Europa
Q2) Augusto Pinochet
Q3) France and Britain
Q4) Burma
Q5) Elementary particle
I've seen Fry has narrated Sherlock Holmes novels in audiobook... Good to have a new mattress. After spending a few days sleeping in a foldout bed, I was happy to go back to mine...
Enjoy the rest of the day

trev-v said...

a1 Europa

a2 Augusto Pinochet

a3 U.K. and France

a4 It was then called Burma and is now Republic of the Union of Myanmar

a5 elementary particle


I did not take part yesterday because of question 1 Yes his grand father may have been king of that kingdon but there are disputes as to where David was born.

Debbi said...

I'm keeping my comments short, because I'm listening to a webinar on how to succeed as a blogger while doing this. *sigh* I don't like multi-tasking, but here I am.

1. Europa
2. Augusto Pinochet
3. Britain and France
4. Burma
5. an elementary particle

Debbi said...

OMG! That gurning thing is ... bizarre! :)